The Falls Church area is filled with competent attorneys, many of whom argue for the prosecution. If you are ever charged with a crime in Falls Church, you will want to have a dynamic Falls Church criminal lawyer on your side to defend your rights.
Key Qualifications for a Criminal Lawyer
Not all lawyers have a background as both a prosecutor and a defense lawyer, but Michael A. Robinson, Esq., does. That gives him an advantage over many other attorneys, because he can anticipate a prosecutor’s moves based on his own experience. It also helps that Attorney Michael Robinson has spent many years in the Falls Church area and knows the courts, the judges and the opposing attorneys well.
If you have been charged with a crime, contact Attorney Michael Robinson immediately and receive a free consultation. He will discuss your case with you and give his best advice as to how you should proceed, with the goal of your charges being reduced or dismissed, your sentence shortened or eliminated, or perhaps even reaching a settlement out of court.
Michael’s Falls Church Criminal Law Expertise
- Assault and Battery—whether you’ve been charged with threatening to harm someone or actually harming another person, much needs to be proven for the charge to be upheld. A good Falls Church criminal lawyer will know how to fight back against these charges.
- Domestic Violence—this is a charge that can also be tough to prove, with many emotions involved in these sorts of cases. A good criminal lawyer will know how to force the court to stick to the facts and rule in your favor.
- Drug Charges—whether you are charged with possession or distribution, or possession with intent to distribute, your first goal should be to have your crime reclassified from felony to misdemeanor, if applicable. A strong Falls Church criminal attorney can help.
- DUI & DWI—whether it’s your first or fifth DUI/DWI, you will need a lawyer to help you retain your right to drive, a crucial freedom in the D.C. area. Law enforcement officers must follow many procedures carefully to see prosecution of your case through; a good criminal attorney will challenge their case every step of the way.
- Federal Cases—many cases in the Washington area turn into federal cases when crimes are committed on federal property. You must have a lawyer licensed to practice in federal court, as Attorney Michael Robinson is.
- Larceny—this crime is taken very seriously in the commonwealth of Virginia, with even shoplifting possibly being prosecuted as a felony. Many of those charged with larceny seek to have their charges reduced from grand larceny to petit larceny. Years of jail time are on the line.
- Malicious Wounding—many facts have to be proven with this charge, including the presence of malice and the injury sustained by the victim being ruled as severe. An experienced criminal defense lawyer will know how to find weaknesses in the prosecution’s case.
- Probation Violations—even if you didn’t mean to violate probation, your hearing after your arrest will be crucial in deciding your future. You will want a skilled lawyer by your side at that time.
Whether you live in Merrifield or Tysons Corner, Arlington or Bailey’s Crossroads, a skilled Fall Church criminal defense attorney can help you achieve the best possible outcome from your ordeal. Michael A. Robinson has the reputation of fighting energetically for his clients in all areas of criminal defense.